Mold in Your Air Ducts?
It has been proven that mold spores are very harmful to the health of people and their pets. Breathing in these harmful mold spores can be both damaging and dangerous.
Mold can be difficult to identify and discover. Very often mold spores can live in your air ducts. This is because mold needs a moist and dark place to grow. Air conditioners remove moisture from the air and this moisture is transferred through a tube out of the home. Over time, these tubes can become blocked or can leak. The water and condensation from these tubes ends up collecting and developing into microbial growth in your air ducts. This microbial growth in your air ducts can lead to serious health problems. Very often, by the time you realize you have microbial growth in your air ducts it is often too late. At this point, your family may have already been exposed to dangerous levels of mold.
So how can you determine if you have microbial growth in your air ducts? You can try to inspect parts of your air ducts by shining a bright flashlight into the ducts. You can also look closely at the vents in each room of your house. Upon inspecting the air ducts and vents, if you see either black or white spots, then you most likely have microbial growth. Another way to determine if you have a microbial growth problem is if there is a very musty smell in your home.
If you determine or suspect that you have microbial growth, you should have this professionally cleaned and remediated by a certified air duct cleaner like Dapper Ducts. You should not attempt to remedy this on your own and it is not a good idea to simply paint over the spots. A professional air duct cleaning and remediation is needed. Call Dapper Ducts today for a mold remediation quote.
The Dapper Ducts team wants you to know all about indoor air quality.